• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

lua spamming messages ...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   roissgil

roissgil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
A step in the right direction

I'm running combinedfixes.lua (version 4 - reyalP).  I see in that lua where it checks userinfo.

We had some guy come one the server and crash it and ever since, we've been spammed with "badinfo bad userinfo" on the screen (shows up in the same place you see messages about folks getting killed and tripping on mines, etc.    *Everyone* sees them.

We are running silEnT now, but it was happening when we were running ETPub too, so it's not a silEnT thing.. I'm sure it's the lua.

So.. 1) does someone with nothing better to do have a script running to autojoin the server with crappy user info

or is there a problem with this version of the lua?

2) how to make it stop?  Other than not running the lua (don't think that's a good idea).

Thanks.

OFFLINE   Zelly

Zelly

• Coders
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Getting Better

You are running combinedfixes.lua on silent mod? As far as I know you do not need it, as all the fixes in combinedfixes are already built into silent mod.

So yeah

Other than not running the lua (don't think that's a good idea).

don't run the lua. :D (Unless I am wrong, which someone will point out I am sure.)

OFFLINE   gaoesa

gaoesa

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4391 posts
Will become famous
  • LocationFinland

You're not wrong. The combinedfixes.lua is not needed.

OFFLINE   roissgil

roissgil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
A step in the right direction
Great! Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users