!spec command

ShaDoW

and follow command each time when a player die's you gotta write it again, and sumtimes it doesnt recognize's name, so u gotta search a player after his number...would be a great improvment to just have a spec command.

• Management

It doesn't recognize name under this case:

2 players on server with name:

- Dookie

- DookieAngel

Now when you do /follow dook it will not work cos name is not unique. I believe it's same with !spec too.

Not sure on spec lock feature on specific player after follow.

/follow re-follows a player once they respawn for us @ the two silent servers in my sig. I don't see how it would be different in your silent servers but just FYI, /follow is IDENTICAL to !spec for us.

I haven't configured a single silent server at all but by looking at the documentation , all I can guess at a custom command is this..

in shrubbot.cfg

[command]
command = spec
exec = follow [1]
desc = Spectate a player
levels = 0 1 2 3 4 5 (however many levels you have)

Can anyone confirm?

You might also want to try it replacing [1] with [1?].. according to the documentation of silent, the ? passes the fullname of a matching player, assuming there are no duplicates - not sure if it's necessary or would be a hinderence.. But try it both ways if you want.

Edited by Chuckun

It will not work as custom command. /follow is client command and custom commands are rcon commands.

Ahh yes, didn't really think that one through :P Well in that case, !spec is going to be a serious waste of you guys' time.. /follow does the exact same thing and it's a silent command too so you can follow cheaters without being known to be, etc..

Ahh yes, didn't really think that one through :P Well in that case, !spec is going to be a serious waste of you guys' time.. /follow does the exact same thing and it's a silent command too so you can follow cheaters without being known to be, etc..

well, guess we will end up on that :D, thx anyway :)