Engineer Objective Spree

JvIasterMind

My other thread got me thinking some more on sprees in general. I really like the option to have revive sprees because I think it really helps to encourage teamplay for medics instead of them just going for kills. I think it would be awesome if we could have a similar spree for engineers building and destroying objectives. This way engineers could get a bit of recognition if they are doing a great job, and maybe it would also encourage more players to be engineer.

One decision that would need to be made would be whether or not to count partial objectives (with g_constructibleXPSharing enabled) towards the spree. In my opinion, I think that the person that completed the biggest share of the objective should be awarded and not the other player's that only contributed a little. That way, only one player would get awarded towards a spree for each objective.

• Management
As for me the greatest share is not that important. The one with greatest share is not the one sacrificing that much, we can't tell it by the share. For example the one that finished the build could do less but did it under heavy fire, arty or something. If the one with greatest share was able to do that much it means he was not sacrificing much, he got to the job while it was peaceful around him. The one with the smallest share could go to do the job in the time of heavy fire but did his share and made the job easier for the next. In my opinion only the one that finished the job should be rewarded with spree award.

As for me the greatest share is not that important. The one with greatest share is not the one sacrificing that much, we can't tell it by the share. For example the one that finished the build could do less but did it under heavy fire, arty or something. If the one with greatest share was able to do that much it means he was not sacrificing much, he got to the job while it was peaceful around him. The one with the smallest share could go to do the job in the time of heavy fire but did his share and made the job easier for the next. In my opinion only the one that finished the job should be rewarded with spree award.

That makes perfect sense. I think the one who finishes it does deserve the credit. Also, this way the message would make more sense if its along the lines of "<Player X> completed <number> objectives!". You couldn't really say completed if the players that had the most xp didn't actually finish the objective themselves. Plus, with this method, you wouldn't even need to take into account the g_constructibleXPSharing value.

Edited by JvIasterMind

• Subscriber

Maybe even adding total number of completed objectives (including dyno defuses/plants on objectives if possible) in the new extended stats at the end of the map. I love those 'most mine kills' and 'most knife kills' and things, maybe adding 'most objectives completed' and 'most dyno saves' and things like that. STATS STATS STATS! WE all love the stats and recognition!

gj JvI 8)

P.S.

Engies RULE!

Edited by BECK

So what you are suggesting is completed objectives without getting killed?

Yep, exactly! I realize engineers are targeted far more often than the other classes, but if you numbered them similar to revive sprees with lower numbers such as 3, 5, and 10, I think you would get a few of them every once in a while. I know there has been a few times where I got on a roll and was able to complete a few objectives in a row before dying. :)

Also, I see a lot of people asking who planted (or similar questions) at the end of maps. If the engy was getting recognition through a spree messages in game, more people will realize how valuable that player was for the team on that map.

Maybe even adding total number of completed objectives (including dyno defuses/plants on objectives if possible) in the new extended stats at the end of the map. I love those 'most mine kills' and 'most knife kills' and things, maybe adding 'most objectives completed' and 'most dyno saves' and things like that. STATS STATS STATS! WE all love the stats and recognition!

I like this proposal as well! Nothing wrong with a few more extra stats at the end of the map!