Silent mod (a few problems)

Topcat

OK, no effect in the current game, but the next time the player will connect, he will have the forced 'com_hunkMegs' value. Am I right or no please ?

If he shuts down ET & and has defined his own hunkMegs value in his own config, it won't work. But if he just reconnects, it will.

I have another question, with this latest version of silent how come you have to stand so close to the land mines before you can spot them ? Don't remember it was like that in previous versions of silent, in NQ that we played before you could spot them from a long distance, now you have to stand so close before you can see them.

Edited by Topcat

If you're not a covert ops, you must stand close to the landmines to spot them. Non covert ops players can spot them from the same distance they can see them with trap awareness without binoculars.

And there is no way to change this ? I don't remember it being like this in previous versions of silent.

I should ask from Mcbeth if there is a problem with silent mod where it exits ET? This happened for us today, no error message or anything, just went straight out to windows destop. Was only 2 guys playing at the time, dunno if it closed ET for them also or just disconnected them.

Beth is away from home for 4 days so I told her on skype about it, it happened on map venice, but was only one time, after that it's been running fine.

Beth told me that it was not a server crash because the console log had not been restored, so it was a mod problem she said.

I asked her maybe it was just a server clitch or something but she said it had to be a mod problem.

Edited by Topcat

Yes. Sounds like a client problem. It crashed all the way to the desktop, which makes it sound like an engine issue.

I will ask one of the others who was on if it crashed to desktop for him aswell or if it only disconnected him.

Edited by Topcat

In the release notes it says only the engie who planted the landmine can trigger it, but for us it still triggers when another team mate engie steps on it, is there a way to fix that ?

Maybe one of you can change it for us, would be great if you can :)

Edited by Topcat

• Management

Topcat, it would be nice if you can create new topic for each issue/question so when someone else is looking for similar question/answer they can find relevant answer easily rather then going through all posts.

This way it would help future admins to. You can create 50 different topics regarding 50 different issue and there is no problem in that. Community and other admins are here to help you. ;)

Topcat, it would be nice if you can create new topic for each issue/question so when someone else is looking for similar question/answer they can find relevant answer easily rather then going through all posts.

This way it would help future admins to. You can create 50 different topics regarding 50 different issue and there is no problem in that. Community and other admins are here to help you. ;)

Okay will do that :)

About the enable flag 32 + 4 how  can she do that ? She is a little lost about this she tells me.

Edited by Topcat