silEnT for ETPro

kajto3

Hello

I have some questions about silEnT settings. How can I make silEnT server looking most like an ETPro one? I have made all actions like disabling most features, enabling ff etc. But it's the most important thing now - how to adjust silEnT physics? These are different to ETPro's I guess. I mean walking, jumping (I see sometimes gravity seems to be a little bit lower but it's still set to default 800) etc.

Renting that some small server would attract some ETPro players:)

OK actually I'm testing latest silEnT with g_fixedphisics 1 and g_fixedphysicsfps 125 and on THIS version I feel quite visible difference. I inreased gravity to 801... And will it test it more.

Well, the surface on silEnT seems just a little bit...Slippy. I'm not sure how to describe that...

I tested jumping with g_fixedphysics on and off

just to let you know... turning it OFF made jumping lower and slower. Turning it ON gave me a huge boost even without any stamina...

g_gravity and speed are default, tested with g_fixedphisicsfps 125 and 333

Is it working right? Doesn't setting g_fixedphysics to 0 resemble ETPro jumps?

Two more questions for it.

1. I noticed reviving players is a bit "optimized" on silEnT mod. I mean medic doesn't have to strike a player straight on his breast (usually by crouching) but it is easier to new players. I wonder if I can change it do default... If it is not possible I suggest making a cvar for it.

2. When you play on ETPro, you can't prone and get up instantly (I mean shortly after). On silEnT it is possible. Can I possibly change it to ETPro's prone setting? If not, again, I suggest adding a possibility to change it.

• Management

With g_fixedphysics 0 you are slower and your jumps are lower because you have bad FPS. The g_fixedphysics is supposed to do the same as b_fixedphysics. That is to make you jump as high as if you had 125 FPS (or any setting in you use in g_fixedphysicsfps) and no g_fixedphysics. This setting doesn't work properly with FPS values that should give negative effects. This is because it doesn't do the rounding error to the negative side properly.

The follow up question:

1 You're actually first that is not whining that we made the revives too hard. The prone boxes are smaller then typical ones. I don't remember the ETPro prone boxes but like I said, you're the first one who feels it's this way.

2. I'm not familiar with this to comment.

Well I thought g_fixedphysics and b_fixedphysics are 1 in default but it's not, so I will leave it 0.

1. Well it is surely easier to revive on silEnT than on ETPro. I would like there was a cvar for it.

2. You don't know anything about it? It is just a delay between +prone and +moveup. On ETPro it is called b_pronedelay.

// b_pronedelay - Don't allow players to turn or move for this many
// milliseconds after starting to go prone.
// default: 0
set b_pronedelay 0

• Management

1. I doubt that we can make them any smaller anymore. You already have to aim directly at the player to hit the player with the needle. Or alternatively crouch. As a side note, default prone boxes in ET are so big that you don't need to crouch or aim at the player to revive.

2. I have never used prone infigths. Also, never have had to set any settings for it on servers. So that's why no experience I could refer. Will look into this and possibly add settings for it if missing.