silEnT release 0.8.0

TheSilencerPL

• Management

silEnT mod version 0.8.0 is out!

Information (Oct 06 2013 12:25 PM)

Before you read below, we would like to inform you that there's been a 0.8.0 server patch created for 0.8.0 version.

Download attachment: silent_0.8.0_server_patch.zip

It fixes 1 defect that somehow slept into the release version, that is classes other than soldier could receive Improvised Demolition with the ammo pack.

All of you who downloaded 0.8.0 before this information are advised to use this patch or download the full package again - it has been fixed already.

We apologize for this small inconvenience.

Download

Change log:

Version 0.8.0

Added: silEnT AntiCheat, this is an old feature existing several versions in the mod, that is now made public. Control the behaviour with g_silentac.

Added: New read only cvar, sv_sac. When silEnT AC is set to autoban, this cvar is set. This cvar can be used by external server trackers to enable/disable server anti cheat status on their lists.

Added: New Lua hook et_IntermissionStarts( round ). This hook is called right before the intermission. So that any changes to the cvars in the script, will take effect before the actual intermission. Do note that this will not run in the background and the script will need to exit fast just like always during the game.

Added: New g_logOptions flag 16384. When this flag is set, the admin log will use new format.

Added: minimizer, so far for linux only (minimize via menu or /minimize command).

Added: new weapon for Soldier: Improvised Demolition Charge (g_enableDemolition cvar).

Added: g_recognition cvar to enable/disable additional recognition notifications for players doing objective.

Added: !country command that displays the country of the player.

Added: g_muteRename cvar which, if enabled (set to 1), doesn't allow the muted player to change his name.

Added: cg_debugBullets. In combination with g_debugBullets, it can be used to visually test the antilag.

Improved: UI - items selected by keyboard (TAB, arrows) drawn as hovered, now we know which one has focus.

Improved: danger zone marker size based on the map size.

Fixed: Distorted player icon in map when in spectator and wide screen aspect ratio.

Fixed: Player scoreboard no longer displays 0.000 to PRW or KR when server doesn't have those enabled but the client cg_scoreboard cvar is set to show those.

Fixed: XP save doesn't need to be enabled to save mutes, weapon statistic, KR or PRW.

Fixed: Wrong compass grid and map position with widescreen.

Fixed: Antilag issue regarding Omni-bots. The Omni-bot hitboxes were not in the place where the players saw the bots while running.

Fixed: Last blood message was not printed if the client number of the player who made the last kill was 0.

Fixed: MG42 will not make headshots unless enabled.

Fixed: Many typos regarding log prints on reading different config files.

Fixed: Announcement positions for custom max values.

Fixed: osp fight sound not played fully (if the sound is longer).

Fixed: Memory leak in Lua et.trap_FS_Read.

Fixed: panzerwar bugs: 1) g_maxPanzerScuicides behavior, 2) weapon charge bar behavior, 3) panzerfaust auto switching to nades after couple fires

Fixed: giba minor bug (did not gib players that were protected by g_spawnInvul)

Fixed: Panzerwar and sniperwar no longer lose original weapon values when map changes.

Fixed: Missing head box when g_debugBullets is 3 or higher.

Fixed: Fixed no_ammo icon shown for binoculars (g_weapons, flag 8192)

Fixed: riflewar bug with animation of grenade being unloaded after each shot.

Fixed: Very rare client crash.

Download

Enjoy!

silEnT mod team

Click here to view the article

look here...

Description Enables actions based on silEnT AntiCheat. The g_cheatLog will always have one line telling if a player is found with cheats. The cheat detections are based mostly on heuristically detecting hacking techniques. If you suspect a false positive, please supply the silEnT team a method to reproduce it. Programs needed etc. Do note that this feature has been in extensive testing well before the 0.8.0 version. Parameters Type: bitmask 1 Show player AntiCheat status in the !finger output. 2 Automatically ban players with cheats. Default: 0

• Management

How do you get the g_silentac working - any readme files on how to use this wold be good - Thanks

http://mygamingtalk.com/wiki/index.php/Silent_Mod_Server_Cvar#silEnT_Mod_Anti_Cheat

We recommend set it to 2, unless u like to finger players much :P

Example of cheaters busted using silent anti cheat from one of my server. :)

1:04:06 PM:> !showbans 210
 210 hi              BFCBD39A  1647E6D3 09/21/13   silEnT          11 months Automatic ban based on technical evidence of cheats.
 211 catfishbilly    1B97A56C  invalid  09/21/13   silEnT          11 months Automatic ban based on technical evidence of cheats.
 212 mario           B2A387EF  47EEF666 09/21/13   silEnT          11 months Automatic ban based on technical evidence of cheats.
 213 Pauwo           B157440E  6D53DEFA 09/21/13   silEnT          11 months Automatic ban based on technical evidence of cheats.
 214 Jax             AC5722D5  invalid  09/21/13   silEnT          11 months Automatic ban based on technical evidence of cheats.
 215 MORTARLOADER    EFF5BE24  FE46E5F4 09/22/13   silEnT          11 months Automatic ban based on technical evidence of cheats.
 217 Kotilainen      D77EF56A  invalid  09/24/13   silEnT          11 months Automatic ban based on technical evidence of cheats.
 218 MonsieurLo      46C2FA7D  invalid  09/25/13   silEnT          11 months Automatic ban based on technical evidence of cheats.
 219 Cow.            32A54C60  invalid  09/26/13   silEnT          11 months Automatic ban based on technical evidence of cheats.
 220 {FV}Blackmore   04F7323D  invalid  09/26/13   silEnT          11 months Automatic ban based on technical evidence of cheats.
 221 BLASTER         030BA5ED  invalid  09/27/13   silEnT          11 months Automatic ban based on technical evidence of cheats.
 224 Tanner          976607DA  invalid  09/29/13   silEnT          11 months Automatic ban based on technical evidence of cheats.
 225 AlexTH          A954D08C  350BD12B 09/30/13   silEnT          11 months Automatic ban based on technical evidence of cheats.
 226 mrhyperman      B0E9E634  invalid  09/30/13   silEnT          11 months Automatic ban based on technical evidence of cheats.
 227 siEka           EDD505B5  invalid  10/01/13   silEnT          12 months Automatic ban based on technical evidence of cheats.
 228 Lepracy         9626B126  6CDAFA5A 10/01/13   silEnT          12 months Automatic ban based on technical evidence of cheats.
 229 AnonYmous       D896114A  invalid  10/02/13   silEnT          12 months Automatic ban based on technical evidence of cheats.
 230 D<af            95E227DE  invalid  10/03/13   silEnT          12 months Automatic ban based on technical evidence of cheats.
 231 .:+TS+:.Dziekan DC1FBDEF  031D84DC 10/04/13   silEnT          12 months Automatic ban based on technical evidence of cheats.
 232 moses|||        E319872A  invalid  10/05/13   silEnT          12 months Automatic ban based on technical evidence of cheats.
 233 GKNIGHT         64F58B95  2BC23715 10/05/13   silEnT          12 months Automatic ban based on technical evidence of cheats.
showbans: showing bans 210 - 233 of 233

Will you tell us more about bans?

For example, which stuff is being banned when it gets detected by AC? (sth more that sil ID maybe)

What is the time of ban, is it the same for all detected kind of cheats?

Is there or whether there will be a feature to share ban list (ban 1 player on all silEnT 0.8.0 servers) ?

I don't ask for detecting methods so I think you can answer me those 3 questions.

• Management

Will you tell us more about bans?

For example, which stuff is being banned when it gets detected by AC? (sth more that sil ID maybe)

What is the time of ban, is it the same for all detected kind of cheats?

Is there or whether there will be a feature to share ban list (ban 1 player on all silEnT 0.8.0 servers) ?

1. Automatic bans work with the same informations as normal bans. The silEnT GUID, PB GUID, IP address and hardware data if g_identOptions is set so.

2. The automatic bans are always 12 months long.

3. This one we can't do, because to do so we would need to validate the player GUIDs. I assume you meant the server sending the bans automatically to a mygamingtalk server or similar. We can't make official lists where there could end up innocent players. GUID spoofing in client is not hard to do. This is the reason why the mod has admin level protection system for example.

• Management

Information (Oct 06 2013 12:25 PM)

We would like to inform you that there's been a 0.8.0 server patch created for 0.8.0 version.

http://mygamingtalk.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=1107

It fixes 1 defect that somehow slept into the release version, that is classes other than soldier could receive Improvised Demolition with the ammo pack.

All of you who downloaded 0.8.0 before this information are advised to use this patch or download the full package again - it has been fixed already.

We apologize for this small inconvenience.

1. Automatic bans work with the same informations as normal bans. The silEnT GUID, PB GUID, IP address and hardware data if g_identOptions is set so.

2. The automatic bans are always 12 months long.

3. This one we can't do, because to do so we would need to validate the player GUIDs. I assume you meant the server sending the bans automatically to a mygamingtalk server or similar. We can't make official lists where there could end up innocent players. GUID spoofing in client is not hard to do. This is the reason why the mod has admin level protection system for example.

So you mean... The anticheat helps only to catch cheaters. Well, that's his task, isn't it? But I thought it would be harder to join after ban. Well, I understand it can't be as effective as UNITYHUB or some PB streaming...

And referring to second answer - can we extend the time of autoban? Or the only option is the !userunban and then ban for ever?

• Management

PB streaming is not an effective way of banning. That uses only PB GUIDs. I'm not familiar with UNITYHUB.

The autoban is not configurable. You can edit the bans of course. I do recommend being carefull with IP addresess, as most players have dynamic IPs. So after a while, it is very likely that after some time, the IP address in the ban can affect someone else then the intended player.

0.8.0 server patch created for 0.8.0 version.

Question please: if I wish to keep the original version (because I like the idea to give the Demolition Charge to ALL classes, yes I've got a noobs server), will there be any incompatibility with the players having already played on a patched-server, when they will connect on my non-patched server ?

Edited by clan DIABOLIK

• Management

Question please: if I wish to keep the original version (because I like the idea to give the Demolition Charge to ALL classes, yes I've got a noobs server), will there be any incompatibility with the players having already played on a patched-server, when they will connect on my non-patched server ?

No.

PB streaming is not an effective way of banning. That uses only PB GUIDs. I'm not familiar with UNITYHUB.

The autoban is not configurable. You can edit the bans of course. I do recommend being carefull with IP addresess, as most players have dynamic IPs. So after a while, it is very likely that after some time, the IP address in the ban can affect someone else then the intended player.

I´am a Unityhub Hive Admin and it´s really hard (too 99,9 % impossible) to rid or bypass a ban from Unityhub. :D

But UnityHub is only a database for bans like Pbbans or GGC and no Anticheat System like Punkbuster.

I´am a Unityhub Hive Admin and it´s really hard (too 99,9 % impossible) to rid or bypass a ban from Unityhub. :D

But UnityHub is only a database for bans like Pbbans or GGC and no Anticheat System like Punkbuster.

well said, well said :))

gaoesa: I am curious if you have received any false positives so far?

Edited by kajto3

• Management

There has not been any false positives.

It must do more then that. I was streaming admin with PBBans long time ago and all a player had to do was to change the etkey to get rid of the ban. Therefore, just streaming bans is not all it does to achieve a 99.9 percent success rate.

Just use * to spoof * info or just install * * * *

well said, well said :))

gaoesa: I am curious if you have received any false positives so far?

For sure it will be inevitable on heavily malicious computers I guess so

Hello Dookie, gaoesa has explained in another topic it is quite complicated to code a minimizor, I mean a GOOD minimizor with the same quality as the silEnT mod itself.

Here is a real good minimizor, wich runs with a lot of games including Wolfenstein of course :D

The link is: http://www.idcation.com/download/17/minimizor_20

Have fun with it

V55

Edited by clan DIABOLIK

Hello Dookie, gaoesa has explained in another topic it is quite complicated to code a minimizor, I mean a GOOD minimizor with the same quality as the silEnT mod itself.

Here is a real good minimizor, wich runs with a lot of games including Wolfenstein of course :D

The link is: http://www.idcation.com/download/17/minimizor_20

Have fun with it

V55

Thanks, but i dont need it for me personally, but it might be helpful for other people, anyway thanks for answer and keep up the good work guys!

• Management

The detections are mostly heuristics so it is not possible to name the cheats, but for the information, the first versions of the system were implemented several middle versions before this. And we have yet never had false reports. Also, the system does not send any names or such information to the servers. In case of suspected false report, it must be reproduced in a controlled environment. Additionally, the heuristic methods are not prone to detecting malware, as the process boundaries are not stepped over.