pb Question

RaNeR

Hi All...Sorry for the pb question... but...

I'm running silent 0.5.0 on my server... when I enable pb on the server my pc will crash ...running windows 7...

If i disable pb I can play all day with no problems at all..

Has anyone entountered this problem running silent on there server other than me...

Can anyone help me on solving this my problem... Thanks...

Thanks = EMP=Avery 13 this has been driving me crazy... I have my own server and some budds have one just like mine and there both doing same exact crash on my pc... it crashes in about 7 or so minutes after hooking up to servers in this case...LOL... Thanks again RaNeR

It is Raners system locking up that is the issue. Meaning the Computer is none responsive to any input, not even ctrl+alt+del.

It points to something on his system is the problem.

This is what he has posted as his system

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional

Other OS Description Windows xp Professional Duel boot

System Manufacturer RaNeR

System Model RaNeR's Rig

System Type x64-based PC

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor, 4000 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s) (water Cooled)

Adapter Description: AMD Radeon HD 6870 2GB's Memory

Power supply: 1000 Watts

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Total Virtual Memory 16.0 GB

Available Virtual Memory 14.0 GB

If we get an answer we will let you all know.

Hi

I've got the same problem on NQ and silEnT when PB is enabled.

And I've just migrated from XP to Win7 .... like the original post, problem occurs after some minutes playing normally (no message of PB distress, nothing, just client crash)

ET.exe PnkBstrA.exe PnkBstrB.exe are set to "Win XP - SP2 compatibility" and "Run As Administrator".

PB files are those from etkey.org

Tried with ETkey and/or SILENTkey.

No anti-virus (!)

Specific Seven problem ? I can't find the info on internet !

Edited by blackops

I am the same as gaoesa.

I run win 7 64bit but only ever have run as administrator checked with no backward compatibility chosen and no problems.

I have used the files from etkey.org on another system and they work fine with SilEnt, not tried NQ.

What are your system specs????

Well All...I pinned it down to pb that is causing my windows 7 Crash... Read On...

Well got to play ET on a pb server running silent Mod 0.5.0 but not the way I want. I have two OS's on my PC that are independed of each other, Windows 7 Pro x 64 bit and windows XP Pro x 32 bit...So just to see what would happen I fired up Windows XP had to do a bunch of updating because it was set up for my old hardware. I did a PC upgrade a while back. After I got done updating everything I coped my etkey and autoexec.cfg to my Windows XP Pro ET.I did not update pb I had not used this copy of ET in over a year. Fired up ET went into ET pb enabled server that is causing the crash on my Windows 7 pro and started playing everything worked just as it should no crash no nothing. So the problem with my windows 7 is pb. I know that for sure because windows 7 and windows xp are running out of the same Box and out of the same rounter.

If I play on a ET server that has pb disabled I can play ET on any mod all day long on Windows 7 with no problems at all so that leaves one thing punkbuster. My windows 7 never had any crash problems what so ever, the crash started when pb dropped support on enemy terrtiory I know this for a fact because I had pb enabled on my silent mod server and never had a problem with any type of crash on windows 7. So has anybody gone threw this problem and figured out a way to fix it. Sorry for posting this here because it's not a silent Mod problem but I figured you all would not mind too much. Thanks RaNeR...