invalid guid bug

Dookie

it will be fixed completely in my next version of ETENG, ( its already fixed ), but I can't release it now cuz my server is dead ( still waiting for recovery ).

ETENG new version will include a few new optimizations and built-in server facade.

If I remember correctly eteng was dropped and was not to be developed anymore, instead et.3.0 was to be developed. What is the situation now, Sol?

Yes, it's true. But I can't working on it longer cuz the project went in diff way as I expected. Additionally we can't share it cuz there are a lot of TB's tracking method things. We contacted on the licensing of Q3engine, but we got no reply ( its really sad ).

Anyway, IRATA discourages peoples to use it and he blocks the possibility to run it on his mod. I revived the ETENG project cuz I want to help this lovely game and I learning at the same time.

Yes, it's true. But I can't working on it longer cuz the project went in diff way as I expected. Additionally we can't share it cuz there are a lot of TB's tracking method things. We contacted on the licensing of Q3engine, but we got no reply ( its really sad ).

Anyway, IRATA discourages peoples to use it and he blocks the possibility to run it on his mod. I revived the ETENG project cuz I want to help this lovely game and I learning at the same time.

Ok Sol, but I would suggest you then that you propose your version to YCN hosting, cuz over there we only got ET 3.00 to be installed...Thx for your reply.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

just switched for silent today all working fine so far

thanks for the helps u gave me here

and yes this happened today during a warmup for one of our regulars

but somes will dont like to have a long warmup prolly :(

and what editor i need to use for the .db files ?

thanks you

• 9 months later...

Thanks for the link.

It says :

Version (released) 0.7.0
- Stats Tracking fixed for windows servers
- Chat Relay for server admins (default disabled, set sv_chatRelay 1 to enable
- Several Optimizations

Are you sure it includes the "guid bug" ? And what means this "Chat Relay" ?

Good summer @all 

• 2 weeks later...

Nah its not fixed, when it occours it doesnt kick you for that invalid guid error, it gives connection interrupted, and you need to manually reconnect or quit. So its not fixed :(

As I told you, its kind of test fix I didn't test it really. I have no idea how to fix it for now, all of weird things are on the side of mod. But anyway this bug is a droplet in the bucket of problems because its just only about a few secs while client can't connect to server.

As I told you, its kind of test fix I didn't test it really. I have no idea how to fix it for now, all of weird things are on the side of mod. But anyway this bug is a droplet in the bucket of problems because its just only about a few secs while client can't connect to server.

Dont worry about it, its not that big problem, if you got some more important things to do, make sure u do em 1st, when u catch extra time and if u will be willing to do it, do it, not a problem. :)